Whilst travel restrictions and quarantine measures remain in place around the globe, it can feel like very little is under one’s individual control right now. Thankfully, Natalia, Spa Manager at Eden Rock–St Barths, is here to remind us that when times are uncertain, there is always one simple way to reclaim your destiny: with pampering skin care.
Natalia has offered the following tips on how to get and maintain a St Barths glow from anywhere. Pamper yourself at home with these simple steps…
– Wash your face with a gentle cleanser that is adapted to your skin type.
– Moisturise with your favourite cream or milk. Look for one that includes SPF for all-day protection against UV rays.
– If you wake up with dark circles or puffy eyes, try using a contour cream around the eyes.
– (For ladies) Wash your face with a makeup removing cleanser milk, followed by a tonic or Micellar water.
– (For gents) Wash your face with a cleansing gel or tonic.
– Moisturise before bed with a cream or milk that is designed for your skin type. (For oily skin, a lightweight milk or gel like Ligne St Barth’s Aloe Vera Gel with Mint provides oil-free moisture. For normal skin, you can experiment with different textures to find the one you like best. For mature skin, try a rich cream with age-defying properties like Ligne St Barth’s Mango Butter Cream.)
Once per week:
– Exfoliate with a quality exfoliator like Ligne St Barth’s Papaya Peeling Cream. Apply in a thin layer all over the face and neck, let it rest for 2–3 minutes and then rinse with warm water and a washcloth or natural sponge.
– After exfoliating, use a mask that is designed for your skin type, i.e. Ligne St Barth’s Purifying Cream Mask for normal, mixed or oily skin and the Clearing Cream Mask for sensitive skin. Apply in a thick layer over face and neck and let it rest for 10–15 minutes before removing with a cloth dampened with warm water. You can apply a serum after your mask for a just-come-from-the-spa skin texture and feel.
Create your own spa routine at home with Natalia’s pampering skin care tips…